Monday

Kelly Rowland Talks Her Upcoming “Dance” Album




In her recently released interview with Paper Magazine, Kelly Rowland went into detail about her upcoming, self-titled “dance” record: A lot of artists are moving toward a futuristic, dance-heavy sound. Why were you influenced to go this direction? “I spent about a year of my life in Europe really listening to a whole bunch of Europeans DJs and hearing dance music a lot on the radio and really loving it. But I didn’t really think that I would do a dance record until l went out in the South of France and David Guetta was spinning at a club. Listening to him was just crazy.

I heard the track ‘When Love Takes Over’ and I asked if I could take it to London to write lyrics to it. And so we wrote ‘When Love Takes Over’ and it was my first introduction to dance music. Then I went toEurope to promote the record with David and it was a whole other monster. It’s really a culture and I love it”.

She continued “You will hear some R&B-ish music that is inspired by dance. But more so than anything, hitting the notes wasn’t hard. It was always there, but I never used it. Why not? I guess I just didn’t feel confident enough to use it. And when I did ‘When Love Takes Over’ and ‘Commander’ I was like, ‘Oh, this does work!’” ~Toya.

No comments: